My Best Photo Journalism


The best photo I took this term was the one pictured above of the Wallowa Lake Marina. I liked this photo because of my use of black and white. Because tourist season hasn't hit yet, and the weather wasn't perfect, the lake was deserted. In this small town, the summers are filled with tourists, so a deserted lake is not something we will see until winter hits. I think this picture perfectly captures the calm and peaceful lake, something only locals ever get to experience. I think I got a new, fun angle, something I learned in photojournalism. I think I don't always look for the best photo anymore, but what photo is going to tell the best story. What is this photo saying? To me my photo is telling the tale of a small town, a hidden gem, a peaceful day. If I didn't live there already and I saw this picture, I would sure want to go. I am also better at setting up my setting for the lighting, fixing the setting and am more familiar with my camera, and take a lot more shots.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Action Aladdin Review

Humans of LBCC: Christopher Batman and Elisa Kanoff

Photo Story: Heartland Humane Society