Feature Writing Goals -- Achieved?

Week 1:
A goal I have for Feature Writing this term is to be able to write more conclusively. I feel as though some times I have too many ideas on where the story goes that I cant always make a cohesive piece. Another goal I have for Feature Writing is to become more comfortable at interviewing and be able to make my interviewees comfortable. One last goal I have is to be able to come up with more interesting questions.

Week 10:
I do believe my stories are more conclusive. I have written pieces that I've been genuinely interested in and pieces I really couldn't care less about, and it seems that I'm at my best when I'm actually passionate about what I'm writing about. There is nothing better than getting into a writing grove, words flying from fingers to page with barely enough time to breath. And there is nothing worse than muddling through a piece you just want to get over with. When you've got the passion, you know the story and you know exactly what you want to say through it. I am more comfortable walking up to strangers and asking them deeply personal questions. I am also more comfortable getting turned away, even if its still embarrassing. I still don't come up with good questions, and am fairly bad at not taking, so those goals have not been met.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Action Aladdin Review

Humans of LBCC: Christopher Batman and Elisa Kanoff

Photo Story: Heartland Humane Society