Humans of LBCC: Alexis Mathewson and Alexis Lundy




                                 

                                                                 Alexis Mathewson 
"Eventually, I would like to make something that would make people happy" was one of the first things out of Alexis's mouth during our interview. That beautiful concept is a great way of describing Alexis. She is a freshman at LBCC majoring in computer software and computer engineering. She will eventually transfer to a bigger university; OIT or OSU, and is excited about pursuing her career.  She has always known she wanted to go into computer sciences, and was enthusiastic talking about her future, mentioning that a goal she has is to move to Japan and work in a tech company. Alexis loves the staff at LBCC "They're not afraid to help you, even if you have a stupid question."






                                            

Alexis Lundy
"If you asked me when I was four, I would have told you I wanted to be a ballerina movie star" came the sweet response of Alexis Lundy in our interview when I asked about her childhood dreams. While a ballerina movie star would be a very suitable career for Alexis, she is now on her way to becoming a bio-engineer. Alexis is in her second year at LBCC, and when I asked what it was like to be a women in an engineering major she went on to say that "it was difficult, I am one of three girls in my engineering class this term, with a room full of boys." The difference is apparent to all, but she is excited to forge the way for female engineers. As a bio-engineer, Alexis would be making and fixing medical equipment, and producing artificial hearts for people. Her step dad is a engineer, and though he is not a bio-engineer, having his influence in her life from a young age helped shape who she wanted to be. "Getting to see the projects he was working on, what he was doing and getting to shadow him at work was a really great opportunity for me to get involved in engineering at a young age." Like many, Alexis's favorite thing about LBCC is the class sizes. "I love getting to really connect with the students and staff here and get more help during class." 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Live Action Aladdin Review

My Best Photo Journalism

Humans of LBCC: Christopher Batman and Elisa Kanoff